Cooking Matters is offering free cooking workshops to local groups and are looking for more locations that want to host classes and organize their members/community to participate in the classes. These classes are being made available in partnership with the United Way Women's Initiative, CitySeed and the New Haven Food Policy Council.
Cooking Matters offers:
- Free six-week cooking workshops.
- Two hours once a week.
- Classes can have 8-15 participants.
- Ages: kids, teens, families or individuals.
- Participants receive free books, tools and food.
We are looking for host locations that have:
1. A kitchen or room that comfortably holds 15-20 people.
2. Hot and cold running water.
3. Someone to help find participants for the classes and help ensure that they will attend the class for the six weeks.
4. Someone to make sure the room is open and available at the time of the class.
One time workshops are available to help recruit people for the 6 week sessions.
These classes are fun and engaging and help develop a real sense of community around cooking and eating good healthy food. They are suitable for everyone, including those with limited incomes and cooking facilities at home. If your organization, faith group, or community group is interested in being a site for these cooking classes, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 773-3736.
We are also looking for community members with cooking or nutrition skills who are interested in being trained as a volunteer to teach or assist in these classes.
If you know anyone who is interested in this, please contact: email@example.com or call (203) 773-3736.